Getting the Training Room right with Chairwale’s chairs !
Thinking of adding a training room? Need help to outfit it? Read on!
Training rooms are one of the most important rooms in an office. When new trainees join the office it is necessary to make them feel comfortable and welcome. A good training room can do that. Also, a training room need to be able to allow the trainees to be comfortable for long hours without losing concentration.
Before selecting the furniture, check if your training room has these:
Poor destination choices leave people frustrated when they cannot find them. Now, of course, this is not much of an issue with Google maps helping your case. But nevertheless, a training room in a prominent destination would increase the number of participants undoubtedly.
The location of the training room is important. Making it easier for the participants to travel to the room would help them remain alert for long. There must be an ease of access by some public transport system.
The training room must be located close to good eating options, be it cheap, roadside stalls or gourmet restaurants. Try to have your training room within the vicinity of good food choices.
Everyone understands how important the availability of toilets is during any event. The toilet amenity at the training room have to be clean, well-maintained and sufficiently big, so that even if many of your participants take five to go to the washroom at the same time, it will not form an annoying beeline.
Lunch Time Shopping
Training rooms closer to shopping malls are hugely popular and can help people relax after a taxing day of training.
Now that you have decided where to set up your training room, let’s decide how to set it up. Decide on these before buying your furniture:
• How are you going to set up the room? Do you need a classroom style setting, with individual tables and chairs? Will long tables lined up in rows work best? Should you have round or oval tables that seat a certain number of people at each table? Is a conference table best? Think about the training that will be delivered and what the trainees will be expected to do during the session to make the right selection for your training room.
• How comfortable does the training room furniture need to be? Will your training sessions be long and tedious? The longer and the more tedious the training sessions are, the more comfortable the furnishing needs to be. Of course, you don't want the furnishing to be so comfortable that your trainees fall asleep either. Consider the type of training that you will be conducting to select the right level of comfort.
• Consider space for training equipment. Other than the furnishing in the room, will there need to be room for additional equipment, such as video equipment, a television, computers, or overhead projectors? You must make sure that there is room for this equipment, and room for the furnishings, but you also need to make sure that the equipment and the furnishings do not clash, from the visual sense.
• How does the training room furniture need to be arranged? Again, you must determine the type of setting that you want, but then you really need to visualize how the room will be set up. For example, if you will use a series of tables that seat a certain number of people at each table, but all of those people will need to view the overhead projector, how can you arrange the tables so that this is possible? Think about this carefully, and then look at your options.
• Other things to consider. There may be other things that need to be considered for your specific training room. Will food or drinks be served? Do you need an area for special projects? Does a great deal of equipment need to be set up? Is the lighting right? Make sure that you really give a great deal of thought to the whole big picture so that you end up with the perfect training room.
Once you have envisioned the kind of room you want, and have set the resources needed for the same you can easily go about choosing the actual furniture. If you have selected the classroom style setting, go for individual chairs with a writing pad attached. These are most convenient; some even have storage for bags beneath the seat. In fact you can find numerous options online!
Here are some of the better options:
The TRC 3012:
This chair has a curved back and a deep seat for added comfort. It comes with a plush red seat and a writing pad attached. Spice up your training room with this chair!
The TRC 3006:
This blue chair with a beige writing pad exudes class and comes for a super economic price of 2600 INR only! This is a winner if it fits in with your other office furniture.
The TRC 3010:
If you are opting for a conference table with chairs along the sides, this swivel chair would perhaps be a good option. It comes in standard black and goes with any office furniture.
For more options, check out www.chairdekho.com. India’s leading chairs manufacturer and seller with bases in Mumbai, Pune and Delhi and delivery all over India. Training room chairs here cost between 2000 to 5000 INR.
Here are some final tips for ensuring you have a great setup for the speaker in your training room:
• Have a room with windows, but keep the speaker facing towards them. Your trainees might lose interest in the lecture when faced towards windows.
• Another advantage of having windows is that the room remains light and airy and naturally bright.
• Allot a good space for the speaker to stand and move.
• If you have a clock, ensure that the speaker faces it and not the trainees.
Now that you know all that is to know about choosing a training room location, things to consider before buying the furniture and the various options in training room chairs, go ahead and do it and remember to have fun through all the training!